April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

Alto Paraiso

Loved Ones,

A few disjointed things I wanted to pass along before forgetting:

Last week when Paul and I visited Abadiania to see John of God, we noticed a flyer announcing an upcoming event in New York in September. Should anyone with a health problem be interested in personally seeing John of God, or if you know someone else who might be, he will be at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York from September 27 through 30th. I wrote about volunteering and just heard back that there is limited housing left available for the event, should you want to take the opportunity to see him while he is closer than Brazil. Here’s a link to Omega’s website:

http://eomega.org/omega/workshops/07f3db91f6c14ef5c8a3d6b4e9646249/

It’s unfortunate that there is a fee charged to see him at Omega, when there is none charged in Brazil. It’s quite important that money not be involved with spiritual work, but this factor could be the very thing as I sort through my feelings on differences that exist between living in the US and living in Brazil, that has my comfort level be so much greater here in Brazil. I’ve had to give very little attention or thought to money since being here. As I make my plans to return back, I am finding several events, workshops and gatherings I am interested in attending, but the costs of attending seem prohibitive. I recall all throughout my life times when I’ve wanted to learn something or go somewhere but couldn’t or didn’t because the cost was too high. But these money concerns are my lessons to deal with this lifetime and perhaps for you these concerns do not play a role. Covering the costs of producing an event are valid and indeed I would venture to guess less than the airfare to Brazil, so well worth the expense should you have a health problem you wish to treat.

--------

The last few days we have been listening to an internet radio show broadcast on YouTube that has given me some inspiration. I wanted to also send along that link, should any of you be interested in listening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7zG8Cfh6FY

It’s with Max Igan entitled “How to Save the World” about 50 minutes in length in 5 parts.

He often talks so eloquently about the very things I often think about. In a strange way I’ll sometimes find my way to one of his talks just as I’ve been thinking of the very things he is speaking on, noticing that we are both coming to the same conclusions. I appreciate him so much.

Actually more along this same line of thought…. One of the people we most appreciate listening to, David Icke, has been doing many new interviews to promote his new book, Human Race, Get Off Your Knees - The Lion Sleeps No More. This evening we are listening to the following one: David Icke interview on April 24, 2010 on Journeys with Rebecca Radio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTTnriwxJsk

Again, something I really enjoyed listening to……..



Both Paul and I have been on this long journey of discovery as some of you have been following along with through my journaling. Like these two researchers, Max Igan and David Icke, we have come to many of the same observations and conclusions, if you could call them that because we are far from having a conclusion. We have come to these things both on our own and through these two and other sources. As I listen to the main points of what they are saying, so much better than I could ever do, I want to share with you that what is most important now is to change our vibration from one of fear to one of love, compassion and empathy. The era is changing to a new age and we will break the chains that hold us in bondage to a system that doesn’t work and serves only to control and subdue our inherent nature. I resist now listening to some researchers whose focus is solely on uncovering the horrendous activities of those in power. Because they often cause me to feel anxiety and agitation which raises my fears and keeps me in a low level vibration, exactly that which those who wish to control me are going for. On the other hand, it’s also important that we discover the truth, and stop going along without question.


Our focus now and before now has been on the development of human consciousness. When we look at the events that are transpiring and the revelations that are being exposed, we look from a perspective of how all this is changing who and what we are, not just individually but as a species of humanity. Something like 98% of our human potential has been systematically denied to us but all that is changing.


The other key point that is coming to light now is the interplay between good and evil. In the old TV Westerns you could tell who the good guys were and who the bad guys were; at least who they wanted you to think they were. Now that nothing is what it seems questions keep popping up relating to this very thing. If all that is occurring is for the purpose of evolving consciousness, then are the players who would appear to be absolute evil necessary in this unfolding? In the final analysis are they really playing a role for the end good? So much of what we have discovered in our quest to know more about spiritism has shown us that it is highly likely that both forces are equally present at one and the same time. When we first discovered this our tendency was to shy away from things that could easily be open to dark forces. However we have since come to believe that in all things like yin and yang, one can not exist without the other, one creates the other. More on this topic at a later time……



As we prepare to leave here and return to the mountains of Vermont, we have been doing some preliminary scouting over the internet. Today Paul was thrilled to find a group right in Brattleboro of people building with natural resources and helping each other to learn and share techniques and people power. What joy! They are building with cobb and straw bale, salvaged materials and using what is readily available. Ah, my heart sings with joy to know there is already a support group there we can band together with to bring our dream into reality. Stay tuned to the newsletter if you’d like to share our journey in building an off the grid sustainable house and creating a life free of the banksters involvement in our affairs.



May 1st

Happy birthday to Phyllis Selesnick, my mom!


This Saturday morning starts my last weekend here in High Paradise (Alto Paraiso.) I will shortly walk around the corner to the feria (the weekly farmers market,) more to find and say so long to the friends and acquaintances than to shop, as with only 2 days left I resist buying more food than I will use. The last days in a place are difficult, with one foot already out the door; it’s not possible to continue routines up to the last minute. There’s also a pull between sadness at leaving one place and happiness at arriving at another. I know this expression is over used to the point of almost being trite, but it still holds so much profound wisdom in it that it bears repeating, “When one door closes, another door opens.”


Paul and I both have always thrived on change. Even when things are unfolding beautifully and smoothly and we have found routines that really work, we begin to feel the call for something new. This one factor perhaps more than any other holds us together in times when we notice we are going in different directions desiring different things- yet usually with the same outcomes. I personally also like a challenge. If things seem too easy, there’s something in my nature that wants to take it up a notch and make it more of a struggle. That’s my personality type though, the beautiful struggle, but always the victor over the struggle in the final analysis. Though these days, more and more, I am yearning for easy.


Honestly I would have been quite happy, delighted and content to stay here in Brazil for a while more….. not in the town but outside of town, building a home and planting a garden. This is still my desire – the call to create a home again, whether here or there now doesn’t really seem to matter, as I adore both places. For a while now I have had this yearning to create it all with my own hands, the art project of a lifetime and now I have the confidence to do it. I’ve been gathering the pieces of the puzzle that will have it all fit together. I invite any of you who are interested to come and join us for a while, as a way to learn, spend time together or simply help if you like.


We have already begun our search for land upon which to build and found through the internet some viable options to pursue. We’ll be in high gear on our return with the intention of breaking ground this summer and being in by winter. We welcome helping hands and hearts – come pitch a tent and get your hands in the mud!


All for today…. Until next time…. Happy May!